Rufus is a highly popular small utility freeware program that can easily format and create fully-bootable USB flash drives. Support is possible for memory sticks, pendrives, USB keys, and much more.
- Size: 1.1 MB
- License: Freeware
- Release Date: 14-10-2020
- Operating System: All Windows
- Version: 3.12
Rufus is particularly useful for users when they:
- Need to create installation media on USB drives from bootable ISO files (like with Linux, Windows, and so on).
- Need to do work on a system that does not include an operating system.
- Need a BIOS that has to be flashed or some sort of firmware coming from DOS
- Want to run low-level utilities
Although Rufus has a very small size, it is very practical and fast to use. It practically delivers all that is needed to get the job done right.
Keep in mind that after being formatted, a drive is usable just like before in order to transfer data. This means that you do not need to just use the USB drive to store the ISO or DOS installation unit. Just create the bootable USB drive and then use it to store other things at the same time.