NxFilter is a very useful DNS filtering freeware software. You use it to monitor the internet use on the computer network. This app makes the process very easy while also allowing you to block botnets and malware. Many modern routers do incorporate firewalls and different other filters to be protected against online attacks. However, these filters are very limited in configuration options. NxFilter will filter incoming and outgoing network traffic, all while offering a complete log of your entire web browsing history.
- Size: 37.9 MB
- License: Freeware
- Version: 18.104.22.168
- Release Date: 05-02-2021
- Operating System: All Windows
Special Note: When you start the program for the first time, the password you need is “admin”.
Main Software Features:
- Fail safe and load-balancing.
- Use local DNS cache to accelerate internet speed.
- Remote user filtering.
- Phishing protection.
- Active Directory integration.
- Malware and botnet detection.
- Blocking based on domain category.
- Dual policy for work time and free time.
- Block reason view.
- Whitelist and blacklist.
- Unlimited custom categories.
- Three user authentication types.
- Reporting and dashboard.
- E-mail alert.
- Syslog exportation.
- Embedded webserver and DB.
- Compatibile with Linux and Windows.
As soon as you install NxFilter, service starts. Access the main interface through a web browser by simply writing down the computer’s IP address and hostname. You can then monitor all internet use. Various configurations can be made, including automatic email sending when specific alerts appear.
In the software’s history section, you can see all users and websites that were accessed. NxFilter allows you to adjust log display times. You can also block domains at your discretion so you protect yourself against phishing websites.