Stella is a very good Atari 2600 VCS emulator that is completely freeware and released under GNU GLP (General Public License). You can use it to easily play all the Atari 2600 games you love on your Windows PC.
- Size: 6 MB
- License: Freeware
- Version: 6.5.2
- Release Date: 26-02-2021
- Operating System: Windows XP and above
- Very fast emulation with the use of highly-optimized C++ code.
- Emulates the Joystick, driving, paddle, and keyboard Controllers of the Atari 2600 by using the PC’s mouse, joysticks, or mouse.
- Support for high quality sound emulation with the use of code taken from the TIA Sound Emulation library. This includes stereo sound support.
- Emulating CBS BoosterGrip Controller, Sega Genesis Controller, Amiga Mouse, and trackballs with the computer’s mouse, joysticks, or keyboard.
- Emulates the Spectravideo CompuMate system with the keyboard of your computer. This includes mapping Backspace, Enter, and Space functionality to keyboard keys.
- Mindlink Controller emulated with the computer mouse.
- Supporting Atari 2600 controllers with adaptors.
- Supports speech parts of AtariVox device.
- Support for all the bankswitching known schemes.
- Full system load and save functionality.
- Support for ROMs stored in GZIP and ZIP format, together with A26/BIN/Rom format.
- Extensive debugger that includes static analysis with the use of dynamic analysis and the Distella disassembler.
- CRT TV emulation with Blargg filtering. Can use presets for all common TV outputs like RGB, S-video, and composite. Also, you can fully customize different attributes like gamma, saturation, brightness, and contrast.
- Included ROM database with RomHunter compiled information.